Saturday, November 11, 2006

Merlin and the Quest

Ten years ago, while deep in slumber, I felt a gentle tug upon my nightgown, followed by whiskers tickling my ear. “Arise, I have a story to tell you,” an ancient voice whispered, upon his breath lingered the sweet scent of apples mixed with pipe tobacco. Like any rational person would do, I pulled the covers over my head, rolled over and went back to sleep.

Yet, Merlin was persistent, and for a week, he returned each evening awaking me in the predawn hours. I soon came to the realization that this was not merely a recurring dream, but somehow my bedroom had become a portal to the past. Over the next few years, the mystical gateway would allow access to wizards, fairies and knights in clanging armor.

That is how it all started … Merlin's quest for me to write Merlin's story!
Dee-Marie

No comments: